Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Think Green, Go Vegan

Seriously, I don’t remember if I ever abstained from meaty diet during Mondays but I definitely made a strict rule of refraining meat during Bhutanese auspicious times called “DeuZang.” And lately, I took the pledge to go green apart from observing Jangsem Mondays.

Jangsem Monday Movement is a distinguished initiative for a noble cause which encourages people to start a greener week and go green for the person who struggle in withdrawing meaty diet for at least a day in a week.

The mere fact of preventing exploitation of “other animals” is not the only reason to go meatless, but the real nature of being a compassionate Buddhist has an emotional attachment with other innocent animals. Above all, we believe that all the sentient beings are equal and have their own right to life.

Honestly, I’m neither of them but the pledge I took lately, to avoid other animals products is one of the most palpable ways I take a stand against animal brutality in the world.

I’m turning to a vegan diet with many reasons in store. I being one of the health personnel, I’ve decided to go for well-planned vegan diets that constitute so many health benefits. A balanced vegan diet has high fibre packed with lots of essential vitamins and minerals that tone down some of the startling modern health issues like obesity, diabetes, cancer, etc.

Cruciferous vegetables and carrots top my favourite list of veggies. When it comes to fruits, apples and avocados never fails to ignite my taste buds.

I’m a die-hard pet dog lover. I apologize for being biased though. Of course, I love all animals. They’re simply beautiful!

I grew up in one of the remotest village of Pemagatshel with an understanding that everyone has the same value as a sentient being, including other animals. I simply can’t see my loved ones in our menu.

Join me to “Go Green, Be vegan”. You and I were not born with meats in our mouth, and we can go back to being vegan. Like what I did, the decision to be vegan is one that only you can make. Others may want you to go green, but the real commitment must come from you. Think about why you want to go green and be vegan. Are you worried that you could get a meat related disease? Finally, when we win from the battle of going green and becoming vegan, we will think about the guts and the commitment we took to go green, we will be amazed, we had it in us.
Because you and I can make a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment